Wednesday 18 December 2013

Flower's Future

Andy Flower spoke out about his future with the England squad in a press conference this morning. He insists, "There are still many things to play for in this Ashes series."

Flower refused to commit to a future with England, saying; "I've never looked that far ahead, personally. Obviously my role means that I have to plan ahead for the team's sake. Personally I don't like looking too far ahead and quite frankly there are two test matches still to play in this series and I want all my focus to be on those two test matches. I think that's the right thing to do for the England cricket side."

Andy Flower was given the permanent position of team director in 2009 after he was the interim team director for the Caribbean tour in April when Peter Moores was removed at the beginning of that year. Since then, England won the Ashes for the first time since the 1986-7 series and two more wins consecutively after that.

Geoffrey Boycott summarised the situation by saying; "Some of our coaching staff should have a serious look at themselves because we are on the down and Australia are on the up. Australia have had more energy, and looked up for the challenge. They have plotted and planned better...We should be thinking and planning for 2015. Is our coach up for it?"

Ouch!


Ball on Willow.

No comments:

Post a Comment